Women’s Health Physiotherapy at Berkshire Independent Hospital
Here at Berkshire Independent Hospital, the women’s health physiotherapist’s are able to take self referrals, our gynaecologist consultant referrals or see patients post operatively either privately or on NHS.
We are able to offer physiotherapy at any age for prolapse, stress urinary incontinence, urge urinary incontinence, urgency as well as post -operative follow ups. We also offer help with pregnancy and postnatal continence concerns.
When you come to see us, we undertake a subjective assessment involving questions regarding the current situation and past history, a general understanding of your medical history and lifestyle, and a physical assessment which may include an internal examination if this is indicated.
Our treatments will then incorporate aspects of the following
- bladder retraining- this may involve keeping a bladder diary
- advice regarding management of your bladder and bowels including gaining confidence in your bladder
- core abdominal muscle training
- Pelvic Floor Muscle (PFM) training and progressions
- hands on treatment if indicated
- rehabilitation and progressions of exercise after surgery
We then work together to achieve our agreed goals to optimise your rehabilitation and outcome.
This may involve some treatment, guidance on exercises and management for you to then work on independently, for us then to review and progress at follow up appointments.
For further information, please contact us:
Physiotherapy Reception: 0118 9028055